Sunday, December 9, 2012

The Why, Who, and How of It

It started with Jeri's ?? birthday. No that's not a typo. I'm not stating her age. Mostly 'cause she'd smack me or try to make me smell her armpits. Older sisters do things like that when you do or say stuff they don't like.

Anyway, it started with Jeri's birthday. Our mom, Sharon, and I wanted to take her to lunch. We ate lunch at Olive Garden, and we had a great time. Mom said she wanted to do it with all her girls once a month. So we set out to make it happen.

During our third lunch (which was at Mongolian BBQ, and rocked!), I got tanked on Top Shelf Long Island Iced Tea. And a brilliant idea struck me! We should totally start a blog about our lunches and rate each place we eat.  That's the "Why".

Now for the "Who".

My name is Terra King (LaFrance). I'm a 30 year old mother of 4. I've been married for over 11 years. I am the second oldest daughter of Sharon and Terry LaFrance. I'll be doing most of the writing.

Our mother is Sharon LaFrance (Vought). She's a real estate agent/broker in Almont, Michigan. She's a wonderful mother, grandmother, wife, sister, aunt, daughter, AND agent. She has 5 children: Jeri, Terra (me), Philip, Susan, and Martha. There are currently 9 grandchildren: Heather, Ryan, Cassidy, Matthew, Samantha, William, Angela, Lucas, and Logan. 3 great-grandchildren: Colin, Ellie, and DJ.

Jeri Friedsberg (LaFrance) is the oldest. She has 3 kids and 3 grandkids. She lives near Richmond, Michigan and is very crafty. She works at State Wide Real Estate as the Supreme Office Dictator. She is married to Mike.

Susie LaFrance is the third oldest daughter. She has two sons, lives in Romeo, Michigan and works in Imlay City. She recently graduated at the top of her class from the Lapeer County I.S.D. Tech Center and received her High School Diploma.

Martha LaFrance is the baby of the family. She lives and works in Romeo, Michigan. She's the favorite aunt of all the our kids. She's also the one we blame everything on.

That's who we are.

And finally, the "How".

How this works. Once a month we decide on a restaurant. We'll visit every thing from fast food, sub shops, chain restaurants, mom and pops, and specialty restaurants. Mom has the final "vote" on where. Occasionally we'll visit the same place. We eat and drink (and sometimes drink some more). We don't talk about our rating while we eat. Instead we do what most women do when they eat lunch. Gossip. About our lives and people we know and things that have happened.

When lunch is over, we take stock. We rate 5 categories. Waitstaff, Quality of Food, Value of Food, Bathrooms and Overall.

We will be brutally honest. Okay, maybe not brutal. But definitely honest.

This project isn't to only rate places we eat, but to also chronicle some of our time together. Because, as cliche as it sounds, time is fleeting. We have a limited amount to spend together and we want to remember as much of it as possible.


Terra

5 comments:

  1. omg.. This is Great Terra! It will be a perfect "go to guide" for when my Alzheimer's kicks in. and Thanks for not saying my age, but I'm not ashamed of being 40.. am i 40 or 39? ohh whatever! And.. I only made you smell my armpit that one time!! Let it go will ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!!!!.... BUT..... i graduated with my High school diploma, not my g.e.d. ;) and im 27 and proud of it. With no armpit smelling here. Jus saying lol xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops. I'll fix it. It was late when I put it up so I didn't want to call to confirm which it is.

      Delete
  3. Jeri,
    Thanks for posting the link to this blog I really enjoyed reading it and look forward to your families further adventures.

    ReplyDelete